With nearly 100 years of combined experience, the principals of MMI Capital have a strong understanding of governmental leasing and development. Their first government lease was awarded in 1978, and since that time they have developed, constructed and operated more than twenty Federal or State projects. Since that time they have consistently provided high quality service to our tenants and solid returns to our investors.
The company has leased over 25 buildings to various governmental agencies, ranging from Social Security and the IRS to the U.S. Marine Corp and the Georgia Department of Corrections.
- 1976. Miller L. Heath, Jr. leaves Con Rail as its Senior Vice President of Real Estate, joining his brother in law in construction and development.
- 1978. Miller wins the bid to develop and construct the Georgia Department of Corrections Macon Transitional Center. This would be the first of several such facilities. In addition, he developed several facilities under Federal Leases.
- 1991. Miller retires.
- 1995. Miller L. Heath, III joins his father in starting Heath & Associates, Inc., focused on multi-family and governmental development.
- 1998. Heath & Associates, Inc., purchases Miller, Jr.’s portfolio.
- 2006. Heath & Associates, Inc., divests of multi-family.
- 2008. Heath & Associates, Inc., stops all development in the brewing crisis. Focus is moved to management and maintaining tenant relationships.
- 2014. Heath & Associates, Inc., consolidates its subsidiaries and begins operations as MMI Capital.
- 2015. After consolidating its portfolio, the company refocuses on acquiring GSA properties and improving the operational efficiency of the acquisitions.